Open Office Download Free Mac 10.6.8
[Solved] OO four.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.6.8
Problems installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
[Solved] OO iv.one.0 on Mac OS X x.half dozen.8
After receiving notification of the availability of Open Role 4.1.0, in which it was stated that the update was suitable for Mac OS X 10.3 onwards, I downloaded the relevant file … noting that it stated:
"Download Apache OpenOffice four.ane.0
Click here to download (hosted past Sourceforge.net) for:
Mac Bone X (10.six or older) and English (British) | ~159 MByte | Released: 2014-Apr-29".
However when I attempted to run the instal, a message was displayed indicating that this could non go along as my version of Mac Os 10 was non suitable - I run Bone X ten.half dozen.8.
Last edited by GridLok on Sat Mar xix, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To find the right reply, outset notice the right question"
OpenOffice org. iv.1.4
OO414m5(Build:9788) - Rev. 1811857
2017-10-xvi 22:12:14 (Monday, xvi Oct 2017) - Darwin x86_64
Mac OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra)
-
GridLok - Posts: 109
- Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 pm
- Location: Adelaide, Due south Australia
Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
I hope that the erroneous message will by now have been corrected.
OO 4.1 does _not_ piece of work on Mac x.6.8. You need to render to 4.0.i; please download it once more from this link:
http://sourceforge.cyberspace/projects/openoff ... g/download
(await 5 seconds for the download to beginning subsequently you click the link)
Apache OpenOffice 4.one.10 on Xubuntu 20.04.4 and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
-
RoryOF - Moderator
- Posts: 33409
- Joined: Sat January 31, 2009 9:thirty pm
- Location: Republic of ireland
Re: OO four.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.vi.8
Do does this mean that Snow Leopard is no longer supported? Is 4.0.1 the finish of the line?
It seems rather odd that a Java application should be and then dependent on operating system version.
In any case, if four.0.1 is the end of the line, it would be nice if I didn't meet messages telling me to upgrade.
OpenOffice iv.0.i on OSX 10.6
- rockets4kids
- Posts: iii
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 xi:49 am
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Os X ten.half dozen.8
Unless you lot have a rather old Mac, yous can first upgrade to Mavericks (10.9); it's free from Apple. And so you lot tin install AOO releases beyond 4.1.0. If you can't/don't upgrade Os Ten, then you're probably stuck until y'all buy new hardware. Check Mac resources on the web if you need help determining if y'all tin upgrade, or if you demand help installing Mavericks.
If this answered your question delight go to your commencement post use the Edit push button and add [Solved] to the outset of the title. You lot tin can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.one.7 Build 9800 on MacOS 10.xiv.6. The locale for whatsoever menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English language (USA).
-
MrProgrammer - Moderator
- Posts: 4264
- Joined: Friday Jun 04, 2010 7:57 pm
- Location: Wisconsin, U.s.a.
Re: OO four.1.0 on Mac Bone X ten.vi.8
rockets4kids wrote:Do does this mean that Snow Leopard is no longer supported? Is 4.0.1 the stop of the line?
It seems rather odd that a Java awarding should be and so dependent on operating organization version.
In whatsoever case, if four.0.1 is the end of the line, it would exist dainty if I didn't run across messages telling me to upgrade.
Only some sections of OpenOffice apply Java.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Xubuntu 20.04.four and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
-
RoryOF - Moderator
- Posts: 33409
- Joined: Sabbatum Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm
- Location: Ireland
Re: OO 4.ane.0 on Mac OS X x.6.8
rockets4kids wrote:Practice does this mean that Snow Leopard is no longer supported? Is 4.0.1 the end of the line?
From the release notes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dis ... ease+Notes
"Note: Mac users should be aware that with this release Apache OpenOffice is a 64-bit application and requires Mac OSX 10.7 or in a higher place."
It seems rather odd that a Java awarding should be so dependent on operating organization version.
Apache OpenOffice is not a Java application.
In any example, if iv.0.1 is the cease of the line, it would be squeamish if I didn't see messages telling me to upgrade.
Both the release notes (run into to a higher place) and the organization requirements,
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/sour ... aoo41.html
, state that Mac Bone X x.7 (Lion) or college is required.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An artist is never ahead of his fourth dimension but almost people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice iv.i.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.1 Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO four.i.0 on Mac Bone X 10.half dozen.8
Although my hardware can run Lion, Panthera leo is a pig (compared to Snow Leopard) and even if it wasn't I *hate* the interface changes. Much of that was fixed in Mountain King of beasts, simply my hardware can't run that.
I've been planning to upgrade for a while now, but honestly, with an SSD and maxed out RAM my MacBook Pro (2,1) is withal more than adequate. I am besides i of the few people who seems to similar a 17" laptop any more, and I am not terribly interested in shelling out for a new machine until I admittedly accept to if it means downgrading to a fifteen" screen.
I've got to say that I'1000 actually sad that only when Open Office starts to become truly usable I can't run the latest version any more than.
OpenOffice iv.0.i on OSX 10.half-dozen
- rockets4kids
- Posts: three
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:49 am
Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac Os X 10.6.8
I've got to say that I'm really deplorable that just when Open Office starts to go truly usable I can't run the latest version any more.
So just go on using the version of Apace OpenOffice that you have. It is much more recent than your computer and operating system. I am happy using an older version on my second computer, a MacBook running Snow Leopard.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An creative person is never ahead of his time but virtually people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.i.xi — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.one Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 viii:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO 4.ane.0 on Mac OS Ten ten.6.8
I apply Snow Leopard because I *prefer* it, not because I like running old software. Snowfall Leopard is light and fast, faster than anything that came earlier information technology and faster than anything that has come since. I really don't similar what happened with the iOS-ification of Os/Ten and I accept even so to find a single feature in newer versions that makes me want to upgrade.
Open Office, on the other hand, has seen substantial improvements in every release and It has only been rather recently that I've considered it truly usable (although I have been using it since it was chosen Star Office...)
If this is really the end, *Delight* find a way to stop the bloody annoying pop-ups that keep telling me to upgrade.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on OSX 10.6
- rockets4kids
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 xi:49 am
Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac OS X 10.half-dozen.8
rockets4kids wrote:I use Snowfall Leopard because I *prefer* information technology, not considering I like running old software. Snow Leopard is light and fast, faster than anything that came before it and faster than anything that has come since. I really don't like what happened with the iOS-ification of OS/X and I take yet to discover a single feature in newer versions that makes me want to upgrade.
I similar Mavericks on my MacBook Pro much more Snow Leopard on my old MacBook. Very fast.
Open up Office, on the other hand, has seen substantial improvements in every release and Information technology has merely been rather recently that I've considered information technology truly usable (although I accept been using it since it was called Star Office...)
I've found it very usable since 3.0
If this is actually the terminate, *PLEASE* find a way to end the encarmine annoying pop-ups that go along telling me to upgrade.
It is already at that place in your preferences. Did you look? The choice has been there as long as I retrieve.
On the menu bar click on 'OpenOffice'
Click on 'Preferences'
In the window that opens become to OpenOffice/Online Updates
Nether "Online Update Options" uncheck "Bank check for updates automatically"
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An creative person is never ahead of his time only near people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.one.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.1 Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.vi.8
I wonder nigh this.
I accept Os 10.6.8 on my MacBook Pro from 2009 and I always thought this is a 64 Fleck machine, I still call back it.
So I don't understand why OO 4.i doesn't run on it, both 64 Fleck.
Why?
OpenOffice 3.3
- franc
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 two:12 pm
Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
franc wrote:I wonder about this.
I have OS x.6.8 on my MacBook Pro from 2009 and I always thought this is a 64 Bit machine, I still remember it.
So I don't understand why OO 4.i doesn't run on it, both 64 Chip.
Why?
Because AOO 4.1 requires Bone 10 ver.ten.7 or newer. It won't run on older versions of OS X.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An artist is never ahead of his fourth dimension but near people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.ane Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Sunday Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO four.ane.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.viii
Why this about 64 scrap then?
Did you lot empathise my question?
OpenOffice 3.3
- franc
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 two:12 pm
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Os Ten 10.6.8
franc wrote:Why this about 64 bit then?
Did y'all understand my question?
Didn't yous understand my respond?
AOO 4.i requires OS X ver.10.7 or newer. The operating arrangement requirement is independent from it being a 64 bit app. Many current applications for Macs require OS Ten ver.seven or newer.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.one.xi — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.ane Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Sun Mar xxx, 2008 8:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.6.eight
No, I didn't understand your respond because I read in the General Remarks of the AOO 4.1 Release notes this sentence:
Note: Mac users should exist enlightened that with this release Apache OpenOffice is a 64-bit application and requires Mac OSX 10.7 or to a higher place.
I read this like this: As information technology is a 64-fleck awarding it requires Mac Bone 10.7. This is the thing I don't understand. Os 10.6 is 64-bit as well, I don't understand the logic in this remark.
OpenOffice iii.3
- franc
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sabbatum Oct 08, 2011 ii:12 pm
Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac Bone X x.6.eight
The underlying routines in the before operating system don't suit the current version of OpenOffice. If y'all have knowledge of Mac OSes, the OpenOffice software source code is available and you might patch it to suit your operating system. I'1000 sure there will be OpenOffice developer help available should you decide to practice this.
Apache OpenOffice four.1.10 on Xubuntu 20.04.four and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
-
RoryOF - Moderator
- Posts: 33409
- Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm
- Location: Ireland
Re: OO iv.1.0 on Mac Bone 10 x.6.8
franc wrote:No, I didn't understand your answer because I read in the General Remarks of the AOO 4.one Release notes this sentence:
Notation: Mac users should be aware that with this release Apache OpenOffice is a 64-bit application and requires Mac OSX 10.7 or to a higher place.
I read this like this: As it is a 64-bit application it requires Mac Bone 10.vii. This is the thing I don't understand. OS x.6 is 64-bit as well, I don't understand the logic in this remark.
Y'all should work on your reading comprehension. Would this be easier for you to comprehend?
i. Apache OpenOffice is a 64-bit application.
2. Apache OpenOffice requires Mac OSX 10.7 or above.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An artist is never ahead of his time just most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice iv.1.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.ane Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Dominicus Mar 30, 2008 eight:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.6.eight
rockets4kids wrote:Although my hardware tin can run Lion, Lion is a squealer (compared to Snowfall Leopard) and even if it wasn't I *hate* the interface changes. Much of that was fixed in Mountain Lion, simply my hardware tin't run that.
I've got to say that I'thou really deplorable that just when Open up Office starts to get truly usable I can't run the latest version any more.
True !
RoryOF wrote:I hope that the erroneous bulletin volition by now take been corrected.
OO 4.i does _not_ work on Mac x.vi.viii. Yous need to return to iv.0.ane; please download information technology over again from this link:
http://sourceforge.internet/projects/openoff ... yard/download
(expect 5 seconds for the download to kickoff after you lot click the link)
This simply solved (the) my trouble !!!
OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOs 10.6.8
-
masterleo - Posts: three
- Joined: Midweek October 08, 2014 6:10 pm
Re: OO 4.1.0 or any really on Mac Os X 10.6.8
Howdy, as I am not calculator savvy at all I wanted to but quickly clarification that if I accept MacOS x.6.8 - as I take - an former Macbook I bought my son - I won't be able to have Open Function on that computer ?? I have tried and tried but does non work. Would there be older versions somewhere to download that would work?
Thank you!
NeoOffice 2.two.3 with MacOS 10.4
- hectorschmector
- Posts: viii
- Joined: Thu Oct xvi, 2014 one:33 pm
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Os Ten ten.6.8
On the download folio at
http://www.openoffice.org/download
select version 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 from the version dropdown along with the MacOS choice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Xubuntu 20.04.four and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
-
RoryOF - Moderator
- Posts: 33409
- Joined: Sabbatum January 31, 2009 9:xxx pm
- Location: Ireland
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Os X 10.vi.8
Tried it - does not piece of work. Requires mac OS 10.vii
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
- hectorschmector
- Posts: eight
- Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm
Re: OO iv.ane.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
Then move back to v3.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.x on Xubuntu xx.04.4 and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
-
RoryOF - Moderator
- Posts: 33409
- Joined: Sabbatum Jan 31, 2009 ix:30 pm
- Location: Republic of ireland
Re: OO iv.ane.0 on Mac OS X 10.half dozen.8
See this is where things get complicated
what is v3????
NeoOffice 2.ii.iii with MacOS 10.4
- hectorschmector
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm
Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X x.6.eight
hectorschmector wrote:Tried it - does not work. Requires mac OS 10.7
![]()
AOO 4.0.1 works on Os X ver 10.6.8.
Go to the download folio
http://world wide web.openoffice.org/download/
Select Bone X 32-scrap (x86) (DMG)
Select the language yous want
Select four.0.1
Download
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An artist is never ahead of his time but almost people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.ane.eleven — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.1 Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Dominicus Mar 30, 2008 eight:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac Bone X 10.six.8
This is what happens one time I download it and try to open the file. It'll commencement to download but it does not work
- Attachments
-
-
- Screen shot 2014-10-17 at vii.21.33 AM.png (20.02 KiB) Viewed 30759 times
-
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS x.4
- hectorschmector
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm
Re: OO 4.ane.0 on Mac Bone X ten.vi.viii
And I have tried ALL of the versions from the dropdown menu with the same result
NeoOffice 2.ii.3 with MacOS 10.four
- hectorschmector
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm
Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac OS 10 10.6.8
hectorschmector wrote:This is what happens once I download it and try to open the file. It'll start to download only it does not work
What version of OS Ten are y'all using? Sounds like a Gatekeeper issue
Os 10: About GateKeeper
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:
"An creative person is never ahead of his time but about people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.eleven — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.i Monterey
- lgusaas
- Volunteer
- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
- Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Re: OO four.1.0 on Mac Os 10 10.six.eight
This is what I'thousand running
- Attachments
-
-
- Screen shot 2014-x-17 at 8.02.09 AM.png (34.three KiB) Viewed 30748 times
-
NeoOffice two.two.3 with MacOS 10.4
- hectorschmector
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Oct xvi, 2014 1:33 pm
Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac Bone Ten 10.vi.viii
and this is my security.... no idea which operating arrangement this is ... mayhap mountain lion??
NeoOffice two.two.3 with MacOS 10.iv
- hectorschmector
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu October xvi, 2014 1:33 pm
Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac Bone 10 x.six.8
As I said I use :
http://sourceforge.cyberspace/projects/openoff ... chiliad/download
Did you lot endeavour it out ? Did you read the previous posts ?
I tried it out on my both macs nether MACOSX 10.six.eight , information technology work ( and works good ! ;D )
Thanks for replying to assistance the other having the aforementioned problem as you (the aim of a forum )
OpenOffice four.1 on MacOs 10.vi.8
-
masterleo - Posts: iii
- Joined: Wed October 08, 2014 six:10 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and two guests
Open Office Download Free Mac 10.6.8
Posted by: chicknowityriet.blogspot.com
Post a Comment